Service Sheet for Sunday 29 March, for you to use at home
A printable booklet which suggests ways of praying at home when we cannot get to church.
ONLINE RESOURCES for spiritual development
https://40acts.org.uk/ for a Lent challenge on stewardship and generosity
http://www.methodist.org.uk has worship from home service sheets to follow and links to YouTube services.
WORSHIP – to listen to or watch and join in with
- BBC Radio 4’s Sunday Worship each week, live on Sundays at 8:10 am
- BBC Radio 4’s Daily Service, live at 9:45 am on BBC Radio LW and DAB
- BBC local radio, on a Sunday morning, will be having a virtual service initially led by the Archbishop of Canterbury
- BBC1 – 1.15 pm will be showing Songs of Praise.
- https://www.achurchnearyou.com/ to find out where a church service might be live-streamed (with apologies but St Mary’s Lydiard Tregoze is not one of them).
- http://www.devotions.urc.org.uk for Daily Devotions
- http://www.baptist.org.uk has information and links to joining in with
- http://www.methodist.org.uk has worship from home service sheets to follow and links to YouTube services.
PRAYER – to read at home (or you could ring someone/Facetime them, and say daily prayer together)
Common Worship: Daily Prayer
App: Free for use online, small yearly subscription for offline.
Common Worship: Time to Pray
Time to Pray: Prayer During the Day from the Church of England provides a pattern of prayer and daily Bible reading that is simple yet profound.
App: Free to use online, small yearly subscription for offline.
APPS that are compatible with iOS 9+, Android smartphones and tablets 4.0+ and Kindle Fire (available via the App Store, Google Play and Amazon). Not all APPS are free and are only listed here as suggestions.
Soultime: a Christian Meditation app
Soultime is a Christian meditation app for daily meditations, relaxation and anxiety relief.
App: some content is free, a subscription is required to access all content
Sacred Space app and website
Lectio 365 is a daily devotional resource that helps you pray the bible every day.
Pray as you go app and website
App: Free to download
Centering Prayer is a method of silent prayer that prepares us to receive the gift of contemplative prayer, prayer in which we experience God’s presence within us.
Organise your prayer life with this straightforward and distraction-free app.
App: Free to download